Saturday 16 March 2013

How do I care for a pregnant dog, a nursing dog, and her puppies?

Question by ~MLT~: How do I care for a pregnant dog, a nursing dog, and her puppies?
I just found out my little sister’s dog is pregnate, and I’m the one who’s going to have to take care of it. She is due any day now, and is expecting a not-so-easy delivery because either the litter is huge, or the puppies are huge. We’re really not sure. My parents aren’t going to take her to the vet unless she is in labor and having problems. I’ve already cleaned her bowls, dog house, and toys and removed the other dog from her pen. Other than watching her very carefully, is there anything else I should do?
They’ve said “She’s not coming in the house.”
We were expecting her to deliver today since she is now almost a week overdue. Her milk has only come in the back but not in the front. She’s still eating. I don’t get it. What’s taking so long?
She had them today. There are at least seven (it’s hard to count when she’s in front of half of them). She’s fine and they’re fine.


How do I care for a pregnant dog, a nursing dog, and her puppies?

No comments:

Post a Comment