Sunday 24 February 2013

How do I get my chocolate lab to stop barking?

Question by Bebe: How do I get my chocolate lab to stop barking?
He barks constantly, unless he’s sleeping. Every little noise makes him bark, he barks out of the blue. I won’t even mention what he goes through when the door bell rings or when someone is in the house. I have 3 big dogs (2 labs and a foster boxer) so I can’t really let them “meet&greet” whoever is at the door. They’re big 80-90lbs dogs.
His behavior changed when we boarded him and his “baby brother” for a week. The dogs were so loud and aggressive when they came out of that PetsMart Hotel.We tried obedience training with my chocolate lab and didn’t work; treats & toys doesn’t care for; I spanked his rear – he doesn’t care for that; we got a shock-collar and he destroyed it. Please help! I love my dogs so much and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to solve this issue. Thank you !
He’s 2 1/2 years old, so he’s still young. The dog doesn’t care for bones or anything when there’s an “intruder” in the house. He just wants attention. The way he managed to ruin the shock collar – found it on the counter and chewed it.


How do I get my chocolate lab to stop barking?

No comments:

Post a Comment